Graduate School Registration Requirements

All Graduate School students are required to register in the Graduate School every fall and spring term to maintain their active status. (Summer registration is not required for maintaining active status.)

Active status is required for students to be able to register for courses, take exams, submit milestone forms, file for graduation, or otherwise participate in the University community as a Graduate School student.

Graduate Students who must register solely to meet the Graduate School's registration requirement may register for Grad 0999. Grad 0999 is a free, zero-credit, nongraded registration mechanism that meets the Graduate School's registration requirement. Grad 0999 can not be used to meet registration requirements established by departments/agencies within or outside of the University (which include, but are not limited to, registration required to hold an assistantship, maintain legal visa status, obtain financial aid, or defer loans).  The College of Food, Agricultural, and Natural Resource Sciences allows up to four semesters of Grad 0999 registration. Additional semesters of Grad 0999 may be allowed pending approval of the CFANS Scholarly Work Contract.

International students need to stay abreast of changes in registration requirements to maintain legal visa status. Questions regarding such requirements should be directed to staff at the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS).